Code of Ethics
- Avoid the intent and appearance of unethical or compromising practice in relationships, actions and communications.
- Demonstrate loyalty to the District by diligently following the lawful instructions, procedures and policies using reasonable care while
exercising only the authority which has been delegated to you.
- Refrain from any private business or professional activity that would create a conflict between personal interest and the interests of the District.
- Refrain from soliciting or accepting money, loans, credits, discounts, gifts, entertainment, favors or services from present or potential vendors.
- Handle confidential or proprietary information with due care and proper consideration of ethical and legal ramifications and government regulations.
- Promote positive supplier relationships through courtesy and impartiality.
- Know and obey the letter and the spirit of laws governing the purchasing function and remain alert to the legal ramifications of all purchasing decisions.
- Ensure that all segments of society have the opportunity to participate in governmental contracts.
- Enhance the stature of the purchasing profession by improving technical knowledge and adhering to the highest ethical standards.